What is a warranty and why do I need one?
We would all like to think that we live in a perfect world and that our cars will never let us down but unfortunately the reality is sometimes a little different. No matter how well you maintain your vehicle, components can still fail resulting in costly repair bills.
AA Warranty Mechanical Breakdown Insurance has been designed to help protect you against the cost of such repairs.
Should a covered component suffer unforeseen mechanical failure, we could help to cover the cost of repairs. We even cover wear and tear on vehicles that have covered less than 60,000 miles and are under 5 years old at the time of claim.
An AA Warranty includes parts and labour; diagnosis; European cover; contribution toward breakdown recovery; contribution toward overnight accommodation or your rail fare home; and contribution toward a hire car. Wear and tear is covered on vehicles less than 5 year’s old and less than 60,000 miles at the time of the claim.
Below is an illustration detailing the average cost of repairs (including parts and labour, with VAT shown) to some of the more common component failures from the AA Warranty Claims Database during 2012.
Why is it a good idea to purchase an AA Extended Warranty product?
- Peace of mind
- Allows repairs when the car owner needs them
- Most products include a free rental car if the vehicle is off the road for repairs
- Owners are protected against the rising cost of repairs
- Available on New and Used Vehicles *
- Available for up to 36 months
- Maximum claim limit up to the retail value of the vehicle
- No claim will be rejected on the grounds of Wear and Tear **
- Personal Continental Use - up to 60 consecutive days
- Replacement Vehicle Hire - Pays up to £25 per day for 7 days
- Hotel / Accommodation and Rail Fare ***
- Recovery - Pays up to £50 including VAT
- Transferrable to a new private owner
- No claims excess or hidden costs
- You can be covered as soon as youleave the forcourt
** where the Vehicle has covered less than 60,000 miles and is under 5 years old at the time of the claim
*** Pays up to £100 including VAT