- AA Cars, the AA’s used car portal, is working together with dealerships across the UK to launch Dealer Promise – a ten-point plan to boost consumer trust
- The innovative scheme comes after new market research found just seven per cent of customers trust used car dealerships
- AA Cars is signing up a record number of new dealers to Dealer Promise – with 40 per cent of its independent dealers already on board
London, 12th October – AA Cars, the AA’s used car portal, has launched Dealer Promise*, a unique ten-point scheme designed to build consumer confidence and trust in second-hand car dealers across the UK.
The proposal aims to reassure consumers that any dealership signed-up to Dealer Promise through AA Cars is agreeing to a ten-point plan, which includes providing a minimum six months MOT on all vehicles, ensuring that all essential documents are handed over at the point of sale, a free history check and 12 months AA breakdown recovery.
The multiple benefits to dealerships include: enhanced business reputation by visibly partnering with the AA, the UK’s most trusted brand; increased lead generation due to dedicated ‘Dealer Promise’ digital branding; and higher conversion to sale ratio driven by showroom point of sale.
This includes a plaque for the dealer’s premises along with a pull-up banner explaining the benefits of Dealer Promise. All Dealer Promise branding can be displayed on the dealer’s website to ensure consumer confidence is delivered throughout the entire car buying experience.
Moreover, a mediation service is also being offered with AA Cars acting as a broker between consumers and dealers when issues need to be escalated. Fairness for both parties will be paramount, bringing the portal more in line with online retail giants such as Amazon.
This follows recent market research that found just seven per cent of UK consumers trusted used car dealerships, with transparency being especially important to those surveyed.**
AA Car’s Dealer Promise aims to improve transparency for consumers by ensuring that every vehicle sold is subject to a free history check and that all documents – including V5 registration docs, MOT and all service records – are readily available.
Paul Yates, Managing Director of AA Cars, comments: “The used car industry is fixated on increasing leads for dealers. While leads are vital in ensuring growth, reputation and trust is what really underpins the health of the sector and ultimately sales figures. If this industry is to flourish, honesty and transparency with the consumer is paramount.
“What we’re hoping to do with Dealer Promise is to create an industry-accepted code of conduct and standards, working alongside dealers to address a fundamental problem of consumer trust and confidence. Dealerships being associated with the AA brand, the most trusted brand in the UK, will certainly help to boost consumer confidence. As it stands, no other classified used car website can offer this level of trust and support for both car dealers and buyers.”
Nigel Kamel, founder of N&J Car Sales, says: “The AA Dealer Promise has had an amazing impact on our business. Customers are pleased that we are offering everything that is detailed as part of the Dealer Promise, including 12 months breakdown cover.
“Customers feel that they can trust us more because of this and have much more confidence in us because of the promises. The future looks exciting thanks to the AA Dealer Promise.”
– ENDS –
Notes To Editors
* AA Cars’ Dealer Promise
Dealerships that have signed up to Dealer Promise assure the customer that they are delivering the following:
- Provide a minimum of 6 months MOT on all vehicles
- Offer a road test to ensure that vehicle meets your requirements
- Hand over all essential documents including V5 registration document, MOT certificate and any available service records
- Provide a free history check on every vehicle
- Welcome any vehicle inspection by us or any other independent third party, prior to purchase
- Professionally prepare and hand over the vehicle in good condition
- Be audited by AA Cars once a year to ensure compliance with this Dealer Promise
- Enable the consumer to escalate issues to AA Cars who will mediate between them and the dealer
- The dealer will honour their obligations under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to protect the consumer’s purchase
- All vehicles advertised on AA Cars come with 12 months breakdown cover
** Source: Auto Trader Market Report
For more information, please contact:
Guy Smith, Rhizome Media
T 020 7297 3165 | E: email@example.com
David Keevill, Rhizome Media
T 020 8004 5984 | M 07747 195354 | E firstname.lastname@example.org
About AA Cars
AA Cars is the UK’s #1 online resource for buying a used car. Every car comes with free AA Breakdown cover for 12 months and history check, and many dealers have AA Vehicle Inspections – a thorough 128-point vehicle inspection independently conducted by the AA.